Pre-verification helps us determine which teams are serious about putting on a good reliable show at this years Tuff Truck in a safe manor. With over 60 vehicles nominating each year, pre-verification helps us run Tuff Truck smoother on the event day, by letting you know before the challenge if additional work is required to your vehicle before putting it on the trailer.
Due to the large number of teams spread right around the country, we can not come to you to physically check your rig (we’d like to, but it’s not practical), so we require you to help us by sending us detailed pictures of your vehicle and provide checklists for you to easily see what is required from you.
NOTE: “Pre-verification” is not “Scrutineering”: use this pre-verification process to assist you in ensuring your truck is ready to compete. Do not fudge the photos to make your vehicle look better than it is. ie. do not send a photograph of the good driver’s harness mount knowing that the nav’s mount is rusted and bent. You risk being picked up at the event and possibly unable to compete. Use this process to help you comply.
Rules Amendment ( Minor ) After some consideration we have decided to make the following minor rule changes.
- Intrusion Bars – They will be allowed providing the door is still fully functional & retains side profile allowances.
- Spare tyres can only be fitted to a vehicle if they are securely mounted with a minimum of 3 bolts / wheel studs. ( straps are not acceptable to secure the spare tyre no matter how strong they are )
Please see the sample pictures below we require. Please attempt to take similar pictures to show the details we are looking for.
All photos must be taken from the same angle as shown in the sample pictures, so please use this as a guide. Make sure you have good lighting and we can see what we need in the picture. Use a flash or touch if needed.
All photos must be resized prior to sending to us – max. all photos 100 to 150kb each. If you do not have a program on your computer to resize photos, Resize your picture at PicResize.com and then send the result to us at [email protected]
Using an Iphone is quite a simple way to take & resize photos, simply take photos & load them onto your PC in a folder & select all photos to send, right click / send via email / re-size option should come up. no more that 1.5MB to 2MBin Total & email to [email protected]
- Build your tuff truck to comply with the challenge rules
- Photograph your tuff truck as per the instructions above
- Resize your photos and email them to [email protected]
- Crack a beer and sit back and wait to see if you’ve made it through to Australia’s biggest 4×4 offroad competition.