With the greatest rock-crawling event in Australia (some say the World!), this Easter Long Weekend is a great time to prepare yourself for the action ahead. Tuff Truck reLIVE is the chance to re-live all the LiveStream capture of the 2015 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Challenge from the comfort of your own home!
We’ve taken all the internet streamed footage from 2015 – chopped it up in to sizeable chunks (30-50 mins) and scheduled them for release to a special TTTV YouTube Channel.
When fully released the 3 days of footage totals nearly 24 hrs of LIVE recorded action from Milbrodale. Sit back and reminisce about the largest field of Tuff Trucks ever (75 teams) over 11 driving stages.
More videos will be released each weekend in the lead up to the 2016 event to get you into the mood for another great Tough Dog Tuff Truck Challenge.
Late on the Saturday night 17/4/2015, just as the final teams were completing the mud rum – skys over Milbrodale opened up and nice steady rain settled the dust – it also worked well at putting some sore heads and full stomachs to bed a bit earlier than usual. It also took down our internet!
Web viewers around the world were in disarray as they were shut out from the Sunday action (and it was a Sunny Day) as the rain had caused a hardware failure on a crucial connection to world-wide link. At the event, the show must go on – so the TTTV team pushed ahead with the production broadcasting only to the onsite Tuff Telly (a TV the size of a truck at the event) and a hard-drive that has been lost… until now!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified the instant the long lost Sunday footage is uploaded.
NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE RAW EVENT
While we are really proud of our TTTV streaming efforts, it’s still in no way comparable to being at the event and soaking up the action first hand.
Get to Tuff Truck:
- The LiveStream can only show you one view at any one time
- The LiveStream can’t cover all the tracks (no Travel Ramp, All Terrain and minimal Heartbreak Ridge coverage)
- The LiveStream is not reliable (we’re always working to improve it, but running a remote event where there is no power, phone lines or mobile reception often leads to dramas)
- The LiveStream doesn’t have a huge variety of kids activities
- The LiveStream doesn’t allow you to see and touch the great new industry products on display by our vendors
- The LiveStream doesn’t have the smell of Tuff Truck (V8’s burning high octane fuel, or hints of LPG, sticky compound heated rubber ripping it up on a marbled rock, navi sweat as they scurry through the stage looking for sizeable boulders to heave into place, wafts of cooked onion and sausages as you wonder through the campsite for your own little weekend nirvana, the list could go on…)
- The LiveStream doesn’t have the atmosphere [full stop!]
If you can get there – do it! Don’t substitute the experience of weekend away at the Tuff Truck Challenge for hours in front of a computer screen (you can probably do that again next year after the event to reLIVE the action twice!)