Initially the ticket price can seem quite steep, but when you factor in all you get, it’s actually a ripper deal.
When you consider for $95 you can get:
- show bag per car on entry (incs. program, adverting material with discounts, stickers, etc)
- 2 nights camping with toilets (and the option of showers) within walking distance of the action
- 2 days of 4×4 insane boulder climbing action with a record 60 custom built vehicles
- 2 spectacular nights of entertainment when the Mud Rats Revenge comes alive
- The chance to get right-up-close to the vehicles and meet the drivers and teams that build them during the Show n’ Shine
- See the latest in 4×4 accessories and grab a deal in the Exhibitor’s Alley
- Saturday night band (Trilogy)
- Onsite Police, security, Rural Fire Services and St Johns First Aid
We think this all in a beaut location where you can get away from the hussle and bussle and just be yourself in the bush is something to look forward to each year.
Below we compare the price of Tuff Truck to some other popular weekend activites for you to see for yourself just how good value Tuff Truck is when you add it all up.
|Activity||Adult||Child||Kids 11 & under||Family|
|Woodford Folk Festival 1||$523||$381||$25||$1457.50|
|Falls Music & Arts Festival (Marion Bay) 2||$212||$212||$212||$857.90|
|V8 Supercars (Bathurst) 3||$120||$90||$0||$484.40|
|Tuff Truck (gate price)||$120||$60||$0||$300|
|Tuff Truck 4 (online)||$95||$50||$0||$244.50 Buy|
|Port Macquarie Tourist Park 5||$78||$24||$24||$126|
|Sydney Royal National Park 6||$14||$7||$0||$42|
NOTE: these are weekend (where available) tickets ordered online without any special coupons or member type discounts. Totals include often hidden additions (listed below).
- In this sample is taken as 2 adults, a teenager and a 6 year old
1 This is a 6 day event. The Total includes $5.50 booking fee.
2 Total includes a $9.90 booking fee
3 Based on Weekend only tickets. Total includes a $4.95 booking fee and a $9.45 postage fee and $140 for the cheapest 10x 8 metre camping site.
4 Weekend Passes ( Friday 10am > Sunday 8pm). All Weekend Passes included camping for Friday & Saturday Night. Total includes a $4.50 postage fee.
5 Big 4 Holiday Parks Sundowner Breakwall Tourist Park based on 2 nights camping for 8/4/11 & 9/4/11
6 Based on 2 nights camping at the Bonnie Vale camping ground
Please note this is not a 1:1 comparison, every event is different. This is just one way of looking at the cost of a good weekend away with the family.
The comparison obviously does not include incidentals like food, drinks, accomodation, travel. Pricing collated from each associated official website on Tue 22 Feb 2011